...Once in awhile, right in the middle of every day life, Love gives us a fairy tale...

Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Bath

So I must admit, I was really nervous to give Irie her first bath ;/ Nervous she'd be cold, or the water too hot, she'd hate it, I'd do it wrong or soak her umbilical nub?!?! You name it, I thought it, I know right... typical new Mom- she Loved it!! She was in heaven, probably cause it reminded her of home! Just look at how peaceful she looks there, she was practically asleep. It was a little shock at first, but once she got into the water and realized how warm it was she relaxed right away! It was so cute too- she managed to get both feet and hands over the side of the little mesh part that lays over the bath so they could sit in the water!! It was so cute!! And I LOVE the way she smells after a bath, its the sweetest, most simple smell ever!

3 comments:

melissa hogle said...

I love her....she is absolutely beautiful!!!! Congrats again!!!!

Reisner's said...

what a sweet baby! I'm Collin's cousin Sheena by the way if your wonder who the heck this is. I love that smell after they take a bath too. She is so adorable. congrats to both of you guys.

ashley b said...

Oh she is BEAUTIFUL! And tiny too! Congratulations! I can't wait to see her! I think Garrett could practically swallow her right now! I bet you guys are loving having her home!