...Once in awhile, right in the middle of every day life, Love gives us a fairy tale...

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

4th of July, Collin's Show's, Family and American Idol







Happy belated Birthday America! We bbq'd and swam at a friends house and it was a blast! They had the coolest set up in their backyard, misters, over head stereo system, pebble beach pool, bbq- it was awesome! Then afterwards headed to the strip to watch Collin perform and hoped to have seen fireworks...










































Next, Collin has just been busy busy busy, with shows and recording! He played out on the strip in front of Planet Hollywood at a restaurant called trader Vics. And one of the shows was the 4th of July! We had the most awesome view! It was great, except for you couldn't see the fireworks over the big hotels!! It was lame! Fireworks are my favorite, so needless to say, I was bummed! The other place he has been playing is out a Lake Las Vegas, its a resort FAR away! lol. Its a really cool atmosphere there and he's been playing there all month! We've had a lot of people showing up to support him and they've all been such blasts!! Way to go Hubby Man!!











And the missing sister from last time...Jolene and her girls decided to come up for a visit since they weren't going to make my baby shower the following weekend. And luckily- Liz is staying with them right now, So I got a double dose of joy! IT was so fun to spend the weekend with them! I've really been missing family lately, I think its more cause I know my own is starting and I'm not living around home for them to all be a part of it :(









So Collins manager got us free tickets to the American Idol Tour that was here at the Thomas Mack Center. I wish I had family that lived closer that we could have taken, cause the boys were NOT having it! It really, was more like a glorified Karaoke Concert, but still lots of fun. But dang, the girls and little kids were going NUTS!!! Especially for David Cook- I haven' heard so much high screeching in my life! We were so close to the stage too, so here are a few photos for your enjoyment!



1 comment:

The Gotzingers said...

Love the pool pic of ya. CUTE!! Man I miss those Douglas Kids. Its been way too long! :o)